Re: SVG 2 and its Mercurial repositories

On 31/07/11 6:24 PM, Tavmjong Bah wrote:
> Can we also add an "annotation" div class? This would be used to keep
> notes, for example:

> meeting to align with use by canvas.</p>
>
> The display of annotations would be hidden or shown by style sheets.
> They would be hidden in public versions (and could be stripped in the
> final version if desired, although, they would be very useful for
> keeping a historical record of why things were done the way they are).

It's an interesting idea, although I would in general try to keep
metadata in the spec source itself to a minimum to avoid it becoming out
of date.  I have tended to (encouraged others to) note the ACTION or
ISSUE in commit messages when making changes to the spec, so that there
is a way of recording this kind of information.  Do you think it would
better to include this description directly in the spec?  Opinions from
others?