Re: Jonathon's Sizing Tests

Hi,

 A few general sizing comments:

1. I find the different behaviors depending on the method of
   embedding  (<iframe vs <object> etc.) to be very confusing
   from an authoring perspective.

2  One should also check the behavior of inlined SVG. I modified
   Jeff Schiller's test page to add inlined SVG:

   http://tavmjong.free.fr/SVG/SCHILLER/html.xhtml

3. I find the behavior of SVG width=50%, height=50% to be strange.
   You can see an example if you scroll down a little bit on my
   version of a viewport/viewbox test page:

   http://tavmjong.free.fr/SVG/VIEWPORT/viewport.xhtml

   As far as I can tell, this is the behavior dictated by SVG1.2Tiny
   section 7.14 but it wasn't what I would expect (SVG1.1 section 6.16
   seems to indicate a different behavior).

 BTW, I blogged last September about going through the SVG standard to
figure out the sizing and positioning rules, not a pretty picture:

   http://tavmjong.free.fr/blog/?p=151

     Tav