From: public-svg-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-svg-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Chris Lilley
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 8:40 AM
To: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: Minutes, Monday 7 June 2010 SVG WG telcon

Hello www-svg,

Monday call started as an informal call because we did not have enough people. We discussed status of 1.1SE pubrules checking etc.

Then more people joined and we had a minuted discussion ...

http://www.w3.org/2010/06/07-svg-minutes.html

                   SVG Working Group Teleconference

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2010/06/07-svg-irc

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          ChrisL

Contents

     * [3]Topics
     * [4]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 07 June 2010

   <ed>
   [5]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/struct.html#Interfac

   eSVGElementInstanceList

      [5] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/struct.html#InterfaceSVGElementInstanceList

   <ed>
   [6]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/masking.html#Overflo

   wProperty

      [6] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/publish/masking.html#OverflowProperty

   <scribe> scribenick: pdengler

   Though we agreed to close this conf call early, a few topics came up
   that required a scribe

   <ed> [7]http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/masking.html#OverflowProperty

      [7] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/masking.html#OverflowProperty

   First, I am concerned about the quality of the test cases. I will
   return on Thursday's conf call such that we can identify whether or
   not Microsoft can add resources to review the details. The concern
   is that 'draft' tests have been moved into accepted without propper
   review

   pdengler: Topic: HTML5 and SVG. Should overflow property default to
   overflow:visible

   <ed>
   [8]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/master/masking.html.d
   iff?r1=1.12&r2=1.13&f=h

      [8] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/master/masking.html.diff?r1=1.12&r2=1.13&f=h

   <ed> ACTION-2203

   <ChrisL> [9]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2203

      [9] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2203

   shepazu: We think that this solves the questino

   <ChrisL> ACTION-2203

   <ChrisL> Add to the 1.1 Full errata that the initial value for the
   root overflow property is scroll rather than hidden

   wait

   <ChrisL> scribe: ChrisL

   doug: hyatt raised a similar issue which is why we changed 1.1.
   Agreed by the WG at the time, ROC was in on the discussion
   ... action is now closed. solves the question from the svg side but
   not necessarily from the html side
   ... solves for inline svg
   ... for iframes, object, embed it needs to be clarified

   jwatt: treated the same

   ed: yes

   doug: so html5 spec needs to say so

   <pdengler> Not sure why I cannot be heard on the phone

   <pdengler> but we are saying that overflow=visible for inline SVG

   patrick: so for inline overflow is visible
   ... and for the others its the default

   ed: if its inside a container then you dont use overflow

   patrick: overflow visible is the right thing for an html developer

   doug: html needs to take care of the rest

   ed: more of a css issue, html does need to change. Its what type of
   block is generated

   chris: so what specifically needs to change in css?

   ed: type of layout box generated by the inline html element needs to
   be specified
   ... perhaps in svg. tiny specifies it well

   <ed> [10]http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/coords.html#IntrinsicSizing

     [10] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGTiny12/coords.html#IntrinsicSizing

   ed: this plus css 2.1 is enough to define it
   ... need to know how big the element covers when overlow is visible.
   can't be bigger than its container

   patrick: if overflow is not visible, people will wonder where the
   content went

   doug: where are the natural dimensions defined?
   ... if i am dynamically adding it

   ed: well, 100% is the default

   chris: need to distinguish between the renderde size and the range
   of coordinate space being used
   ... depends on whether viewBox is set or not

   doug: as well as width&height and the viewbox we need the intrisicc
   width and height

   jwat: but those terms are used already

   chris: boundingBox?

   ed: yes the bounding box can be bigger than the viewBox

   chris: needs 4 coordinates not two

   doug: an attr with 4 values is a pain
   ... inkscape confuses width and height with te overall bounding box

   ISSUE: Differentiate bounding box from viewbox and width and height

   <trackbot> Created ISSUE-2329 - Differentiate bounding box from
   viewbox and width and height ; please complete additional details at
   [11]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2329/edit .

     [11] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2329/edit

   patrick: for svg in html5 overflow visible, correct?

   (all)

   doug: discussed with css wg, defsault size for all replaced content
   is 150x300

   ewww

   ed: css 2.1 covers this now

   <scribe> ACTION: patrick to make some html5 and svg combined tests
   that exercise overflow [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/07-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2795 - Make some html5 and svg combined
   tests that exercise overflow [on Patrick Dengler - due 2010-06-14].

   doug: should discuss in fx tf once we have the tests

   <ed> ACTION: ed to add ACTION-2203 to the changes appendix for SVG
   1.1F2 [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/07-svg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2796 - Add ACTION-2203 to the changes
   appendix for SVG 1.1F2 [on Erik Dahlström - due 2010-06-14].

   patrick: whats the default in firefox nightlies?

   jwatt: hidden

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: ed to add ACTION-2203 to the changes appendix for SVG
   1.1F2 [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/07-svg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: patrick to make some html5 and svg combined tests that
   exercise overflow [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/07-svg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain