Re: Fwd: Broken links?

On Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 12:47:05 PM, Doug wrote:

DS> Hi, Folks-

DS> Just a heads up from a friendly SVG reviewer.  Anyone know what's going
DS> on with this?

It was caused by a CVS error in my copy of the 'publish' directory in the SVG WG repository on dev.w3.org. In cosequence the PNG files, which are binary, were treated as text files and suffered DOD to Unix line ending conversion, which corrupted them.

These were the files which I copied over to the W3C technical reports page to publish the spec.

Unfortunately I didn't notice this corruption and the automated tools check only for broken links, not that the image linked to is itself valid. So this was not noticed at the time. And then I went on vacation.

I'm back today, saw the error report, and I have copied over the uncorrupted images, so all the PNG images in all chapters work correctly now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG