Issues with minute taking

From: Jonathan Watt <jwatt@jwatt.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 08:40:01 +0200
To: SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Hi guys,

There are two things that have been bugging me about minute taking:

 1) only one person can be the scribe

 2) having to use regular expressions to correct the minutes is
    slow (having to type both the text to remove, and the text to
    replace it with) and tricky

After our mishap with the bot last week causing Anthony to have to generate the
minutes manually, it got me wondering if we don't have better tools than IRC for
minute taking nowadays. For example, using the following would be easy, and
solve both of the concerns above:

  http://etherpad.com/

Thoughts? Downsides?

Jonathan