RE: Next meeting Feb 9, Issues raised by Joanie Diggs and Actions

Regrets for all future meetings. The Web Platform co-chairs now meet at this
time, and that has to take priority from my point of view.

Léonie.

From: Fred Esch [mailto:fesch@us.ibm.com]
Sent: 27 January 2016 15:59
To: public-svg-a11y@w3.org
Cc: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs@igalia.com>
Subject: Next meeting Feb 9, Issues raised by Joanie Diggs and Actions

Hi all,

Rich and Doug will be traveling next week. The next meeting will be on Feb
9, 1 pm Boston time.

Since we won't meet next week, I would like to see if we can get some
housekeeping done on list and if we can get actions ready for review on Feb
9. If you have any actions that can be closed and don't need a review,
please close them. If you have actions that will be ready for review on Feb
9, please change their state before the 9th. If you think your action will
take very much time to review please let me know so I can get it on the
agenda and folks can review it before the meeting.

We created a new tracker product called 'SVG next' to tag actions that need
to wait. We tagged Action-1601
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/actions/1601>  and Action-1704
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/actions/1704> . And I think we
can tag Action-1600
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/actions/1600>  and Action-1705
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/actions/1705>  with 'SVG next'.
Please let me know if you think any of these actions should not be tagged
with 'SVG next'. If you know of other candidates for 'SVG next' please raise
them on list.

Leonie, I think you can close Action-1650
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/actions/1650>  and Action-1651.
I think Michael Cooper will be reorganizing ARIA on github. Around Christmas
time, Michael was talking about restructuring ARIA on github but it didn't
happen. He may wait until an editors call to arrange a freeze window for him
to do it (I pinged him yesterday and he plans on doing the changes).

Joanie Diggs Raised Issues
Issue-1001 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/issues/1001>  Typo
had xml:title should be xlink:title in SVG-AAM I am still seeing xml:title
in Editor's Draft 27 January 2016 Amelia do you need an action for this or
does Action-2004 cover it?
Issue-1002 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/issues/1002>
Awaiting on Action-2001
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/actions/2001>  Amelia
Issue-1003 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/issues/1003>
Awaiting on Action-2002
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/actions/2002>  Amelia and
Action-2003 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/actions/2003>  Rich

Issue-1004 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/issues/1004>
Awaiting on Action-2006
<https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/actions/2006>  Rich - If you
want to reassign Action-2006 to me, do so.

New Issues for Agenda Feb 9... but if we can do something on list that would
be nice :)
Issue-1005 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/issues/1005>
Conflicting ARIA semantics must be consistent with ARIA spec. with
exceptions
Issue-1006 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/issues/1006>
multiple title and desc elements
Issue-1007 <https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/svg-a11y-tf/track/issues/1007>
trimming whitespace from accessible names and accessible descriptions

Joanie, I fixed the elipse/ellipse typos and removed the aria-labels that
were cut and paste left overs in the testable statements. Let me know if we
are missing any issues.

Regards,

Fred Esch
Watson, IBM, W3C Accessibility