Re: Agenda Aug 16, 2016 SVG Accessibility Task Force Meeting

Two items to talk about:

*1) SVG-AAM edits*

A reminder to all that I organized the edits to SVG-AAM into a pull
request: https://github.com/w3c/aria/pull/423

I think the changes are all consistent with the discussion from last week,
but let me know if you have any questions/concerns.  Otherwise, I'll merge
that into master & update the Editor's Drafts after tomorrow's call.

*2) possible graphics-text role*

Members of the Task Force may also be interested in the discussion on
role="text" in the main ARIA list.

It was removed from ARIA 1.1 because of concern that the generic name would
lead to incorrect overuse, and because of concern that the proposed
presentation in screen readers (treat as plain text content, don't announce
a role) could be very confusing.
I suggested that a more focused version of the role could be appropriate
for the Graphics Module.

Thread starts here:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria/2016Aug/0103.html

My initial proposal is here: