Re: CfC on good practices for images

I assume when you use aria-labeledby (or aria-describedby) you are pointing
to visible text in the SVG and the point is to link the text and the object
with the aria-labeledby/aria-describedby.  I think this would be important
for navigation when you want navigation to go to the labeled object rather
than the text (label).  For example in the diagram below you would want
navigation to go to the nodes (ellipses and diamonds) rather than the
labels (WD, CR...).  Thus I think the right markup would be aria-labeledby
on the ellipse that points to the text that serves as it's label.

We have so many options it could get complicated and it would be nice to
have clear guidance on when each one is appropriate and what the result
will be to users using AT and sighted users.

                    Regards,                     Fred

                   Fred Esch
       Accessibility, Watson Innovations
    AARB Complex Visualization Working Group
                     Chair
        W3C SVG Accessibility Task Force
                   IBM Watson