Re: CfC on good practices for images

Continuing the conversation on SVG titles vs desc use.

Titles provide tooltips.
Should the potential tooltip be a factor in deciding whether to use title
or desc?
Obscured objects won't show a tooltip even if they have a title. Should
that play a role in choosing title and desc?
What if the author does not want a tooltip on the object? Is using a desc
OK?
Would having an aria-labeledby influence whether you use a title or desc?

I hope we can create some simple guidelines that is easy for authors to
understand.

                    Regards,                     Fred

                   Fred Esch
       Accessibility, Watson Innovations
    AARB Complex Visualization Working Group
                     Chair
        W3C SVG Accessibility Task Force
                   IBM Watson