Re: WAI-ARIA Graphics Module

I think Leonie's already merged my changes into the main repo's master
branch, so you can start editing it there.

Regarding the figure role:

I already have figure listed as requiring an author-supplied name.  That's
not quite the same as saying aria-labelledby is required: you can use
aria-label instead, or an HTML figcaption element.  I'm not sure we want to
*require* a visible caption, although we could make it a recommendation.
For the HTML figure element, a figcaption is currently optional.

I *would* expect figures to show up in a page summary.  That was the main
reason I was recommending an extension of region instead of group.  You
should be able to quickly jump to "Figure 3" or "the diagram above" when it
is referenced later in the text, even if the author hasn't included a
hyperlink.  Sighted users can quickly scan back up, but screen readers need
a navigation landmark.

Finally, I second Leonie's recommendation to use the issue tracker for
keeping organized.

I myself am trying to clean up the SVG-AAM spec today and tomorrow, but
then will have to shift focus to other projects.  I probably won't be
making any other major changes for a couple of weeks.  If we have a nice
checklist of things that we need to follow up with, that would be helpful
when I get back to it.

ABR