Re: SVG Accessibility API Mapping Specification

Hi, Michael–

Thanks for the detailed breakdown. Why don't you do those steps that
you'd prefer to handle yourself, and delegate anything else to me?

The key is that we should have this published before CSUN. You've listed
a lot of steps, but I think we can do it.

Feel free to coordinate with me on the public list, or privately by
email, IRC, or phone.

I saw a few questions below that I'll try to address inline...

On 2/12/15 1:24 PM, Michael Cooper wrote:
> Hi Doug -
>
> Great that this is ready to go. First question is, will you push the
> publication process through, or will I? We need to coordinate either way
> but exactly how might vary.
>
> Here's what I understand needs to be done, in rough order:
>
>  1. Review the Abstract and perhaps make editorial edits to help make
>     sure it's a clear and concise description of the document. I usually
>     do this as a Team task but run it by the group to make sure they
>     don't disagree with my proposed edits. The Abstract is part of the
>     Transition Request for FPWD and does get looked at closely.
>  2. Prepare the Status of This Document for the publication (which I do
>     this and subsequent steps in a branch so the main editors' draft
>     doesn't show stuff that is only intended for the TR version). Beyond
>     the boilerplate added by Respec, this should have a clear
>     description of the goals of this particular publication, and a set
>     of review questions we want public feedback on. This also is part of
>     the Transition Request and important to pass Domain Lead review.
>  3. Determine how public comments are enabled. I'm assuming you want to
>     use the task force mailing list, public-svg-a11y@w3.org, as the
>     comments list (although this is different from how my groups
>     normally do it). Also will you be offering any Bugzilla or other
>     comment tracker tools? I assume no, but some groups do. The other
>     ARIA specs do reference Bugzilla, so I would normally including
>     instructions for filing a bug for that (e.g., see
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/accname-aam-1.1/, just updating the component
>     in the link to be "SVG%20AAM").

Yes, just the public list.

I don't think we've established a bug-tracker yet, so nothing there
(unless Rich want to do so)?

>  4. Sort out the Acknowledgements. Right now this document is pulling a
>     boilerplate acknowledgements suitable for PF-only publications;
>     we'll need to update this to reflect the SVG participants as well. I
>     suggest a single sub-section entitled "Participants in the SVG
>     Accessibility Task Force active at the time of publication", and
>     we'll need to come up with the list of people to credit. We may also
>     want to credit at least active members of the PF and SVG Working
>     Groups, and we might also want to do special credits. It's also
>     important that the "Enabling funders" section remain, and I'll need
>     to double-check that it is current (though I think so).

Sounds fine to me. Do you want me to put together a list of the SVG folks?

>  5. Prepare the Transition Request. I think in this case it has to go to
>     Judy Brewer (WAI Domain Lead) and Philippe Le Hégaret (Interaction
>     Domain Lead), and that we need formal assent from both of them.
>  6. Draft announcements. WAI is very formal about this and announces to
>     more places than other W3C groups, I think. We have at least a week
>     review cycle on this before publication. Are there any
>     considerations on this front for SVG?

No, the SVG WG is not nearly so formal. We simply send out emails to
mailing lists of WGs we think might be interested (e.g. WebApps, CSS,
HTML, etc.).

Regards–
–Doug