Re: SVG Navigation Proposal

These constraints on navigation that you are describing are not part of the css properties I talked about, but they seem compatible with them.

The css properties assume that the host language has it's own focusability semantics, and that either the user agent alone, or the user agent
and the host language, have a default spatial navigation behavior.

The properties then come on top of that to allow the author to override this behavior, either in terms of which element to navigate to (existing nav-up, nav-down, nav-left, nav-right properties), or of which element can be focused (upcoming focusable property).

In the absence of these properties, the normal SVG behavior prevails. And if the author uses the properties to do something that wasn't part of the original model (for example navigating out of a chart feature into another one), I am not sure this is an issue, given that this is an explicit instruction from the author.

 - Florian