Re: Ethical Web Principles

Hi guys

This is very interesting. I agree with Alex that there is value in
referring to energy as well as emissions. I've seen that the conversation
around this in France, where they have a lot of nuclear energy, focusses
very much on energy consumption as well as CO2 because "low carbon" in
itself is only a part of the bigger picture and impact. All models for
widespread decarbonisation have a big focus on the need for energy
efficiency and reduction in energy consumption, not just a switch to low
carbon energy generation, so I think energy consumption is important to
have in the picture.

I'm not convinced by the anti-competitive argument, and I think in the
context that we are working on establishing best practices and not rules,
it would be hard to argue that energy efficiency is not a best practice.

Tom Greenwood
Managing Director
tom@wholegraindigital.com

Tel   0207 112 8240