From: Ismael Velasco <ismaelv.dev@gmail.com>
Sent: 16 July 2022 12:33
To: public-sustyweb@w3.org <public-sustyweb@w3.org>
Subject: "Green Mode" Design

Hello all.

At Chris Adams' urging I am posting here seeking your feedback on a blog post proposing the adoption of what I'm calling "green mode design", integrating the design principles of "graceful degradation" and "user control and freedom" for emissions reduction, climate justice and extended hardware obsolescence with all the downstream benefits in terms of mineral extraction, waste and lifecycle emissions.

https://ismaelvelasco.dev/green-mode-design-through-graceful-degradation

If you know of any examples, please let me know. I will be building an open source POC browser extension in the coming weeks.