From: Frank Haferkorn [mailto:F.Haferkorn@RST-Automation.de]
Sent: den 27 februari 2013 11:30
To: Peter Waher; Simon.Cox@csiro.au; michaeljohnkoster@gmail.com
Cc: public-ssn-cg@w3.org; Michael.Compton@csiro.au
Subject: AW: I am interested in Semantics and Sensors.

Dear Peter Waher,
Dear Simon Cox,
Dear Michael Koster,
Dear Michael Compton,

Peter wrote:
>It's clear from these, that the Accept header should control the desired output to the client.

What I am interested in, is the design of the solution.
I am not keen on the format of the dataflow.
Indeed I want to learn how the data flow is triggered/pushed or polled:

1.)    Does each sensor change it's semantic representation (in a Triplestore)
In case a new sensor value is available by its "own initiative".                               (pushing)

2.)    Or do you have a central SW-entity reading the data actively (each minute/quarter of an hour)
And alters the semantic representation centrally                                                      (polling)

3.)    Or are is Semantic Web information altered each time

a request to that sensor is started.                                                                               (triggering)

Sincerely,
Frank Haferkorn

RST Industrie Automation GmbH * Carl-Zeiss-Str. 51, D-85521 Ottobrunn
Tel. +49-89-9616018-20 * Fax +49-89-9616018-10 * http://www.rst-automation.de

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Robert Schachner
Amtsgericht München: HRB 103 626 * ID-Nr. DE 811 466 035