Re: Sports Schema discussions - where are we?

No meetings for a while and I can’t remember where we left off. I’ll be leaving XTS end of this month and should have some spare time to devote. (I know I’ve said that in the past but this time it might actually be true :)

In other developments, SportsML’s new version releases all properties in semweb-friendly state:

http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/#sportcvs

There are 113 vocabs with 1849 defined concepts, including stats for american-football, baseball, basketball, golf, ice hockey, motor racing, rugby, soccer, tennis and volleyball.

Example of basketball stat CV:

http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/spbkbstat/

Single item:

html: http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/spbkbstat/three-pointers-made
rdfxml: http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/spbkbstat/three-pointers-made?format=rdfxml
rdfttl: http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/spbkbstat/three-pointers-made?format=rdfttl

The spec was designed with semantic tech in mind. Here’s the press release:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iptc-releases-sportsml-3-0-154004166.html

Here’s url for the spec itself:

https://iptc.org/standards/sportsml-g2/

Might this help move things along in sports schema development?

Regards,

Paul

> On Aug 23, 2016, at 8:32 AM, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:
>
> Hi folks
>
> Over in the Schema.org github repository we have a question about
> modeling championships and awards.
> https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/1324
>
> I've suggested this group as the place where such a design might get
> worked out. Where are things?
>
> Looking at https://www.w3.org/community/sport-schema/ ->
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sport-schema/ things are
> quiet lately. Did the planned Skype call happen back in March?
>
> cheers,
>
> Dan

---
Paul Kelly
Director of Software Development, XML Team Solutions
Chair, IPTC Sports Content Working Party