Re: Regarding SpeechSystemUtterance.rate

Hi Andai!

I don't know if I understand proposal A, but as for B, I think you are
describing the current spec:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/speech-api/raw-file/tip/webspeechapi.html#dfn-utterancerate

I did a bunch of research in the past about speech rates in the browser,
and worked to get this as right as possible in Firefox.
You can read about that in these two posts:
https://blog.monotonous.org/2016/03/13/normalizing-speech-rate/
https://blog.monotonous.org/2016/03/17/benchmarking-speech-rate/

I wrote a test tool so you can compare browsers/platforms/voices and see if
their rate is truly a multiplier:
http://eeejay.github.io/webspeechdemos/rates.html

Cheers,
 Eitan.