Re: Is the google speech recognition and text to speech engine under free license?

To clarify, commercial apps that use the Web Speech
API<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/speech-api/raw-file/tip/speechapi.html>can
be used on browsers that support it, such as Chrome (for complete
details, see the Terms of Service in the About menu).

More info on the Google Translate API is at
https://developers.google.com/apis-explorer/#p/

The speech-api URL you mentioned is not an official API, and it's totally
unsupported, and it may disappear at any time.

Glen Shires