RE: New Charter

I agree with Matt’s point.  Genesys has been interested in this work because we thought it was going to lead to a formal W3C specification.  We are _very _disappointed that we are going to end up with something that worth little more than a blog post.

-          Jim Barnett

From: Matt Womer [mailto:mdw@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:04 PM
To: Glen Shires
Cc: Young, Milan; Satish S; public-speech-api@w3.org; Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> (ij@w3.org)
Subject: Re: New Charter

Just to be clear what we have is not what W3C considers a spec. CG work does not directly result in W3C Recommendations and as such are not covered under the IPR agreement covering Recommendations. I find it troubling that at this stage we, having exhausted other WG options and not creating a new WG, are going to let this "spec" exist as is without finishing the process. This seems in conflict with what I thought this group wanted.

-Matt