Re: Speech API: first editor's draft posted

Yes, the TTS interface does seem a bit lean on features.
And the object name "TTS" is short compared to other standards.

I do like the option of allowing SSML, but I don't know that we'll see
much support of it in the short term.

I've worked a little bit with these extensions which simply pass on to
the OS APIs:
http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/tts.html
http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/ttsEngine.html

It'd be nice to be able to specify some kind of synthesis from IPA
without fully requiring SSML.

-Charles