Re: Graph Store Protocol HTTP status for empty graphs

good morning;

> On 2020-09-05, at 11:24:55, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:
>

> On 04/09/2020 16:46, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
>> OK. Shouldn't there be tests for this? At least for #1?
>
> Would you like to contribute some tests?

> Better to discuss that with "the other product" to see what they say first.

he did.
he did not appreciate our interpretation.
the initial objection being, because it is not what jena does.

i suggested that, given his use case - to determine whether a sparql endpoint is available, it would be more portable to probe that endpoint for a service description.
as that is a response which is well defined, that method should be preferred to probing a different service in the hope of eliciting some response which is not.

best regards. from berlin,
---
james anderson | james@dydra.com | http://dydra.com