Re: Intended behavior for invalid IRI in "GRAPH <iri> { } block

It seems to me that this is a case of the standard being clear and there being a compelling use case which is better addressed by other behavior.

It is certainly possible to build an application that *uses* the standard behavior to do logic with the graph names, and hence the standard is not demonstrably wrong, simply arguably less useful than it might have been

e.g. I believe one way of doing an intersection between sets of names of graphs in your triple store is with nested subselects using from named.

select ?g
FROM NAMED <g1>
FROM NAMED <g3>
{
   { SELECT ?g
     FROM NAMED <g2>
     FROM NAMED <g3>
    {  GRAPH ?g {} }
  }
}

should return <g3> whereas with (the obvious extension of) your proposal it should give an error with <g2>

Jeremy J Carroll
Principal Architect
Syapse, Inc.