From: "Thomas FRANCART" <thomas.francart@mondeca.com>
To: "Lee Feigenbaum" <lee@thefigtrees.net>
Cc: public-sparql-dev@w3.org
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 2:46:38 PM GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
Subject: Re: Constructing URI

That would be exactly what I need.
If I can vote then that's +1 for this feature !
Thanks
Thomas

Thomas Francart
CTO
Mondeca
3, cité Nollez 75018 Paris France
Tel. +33 (0)1 44 92 35 04 - fax +33 (0)1 44 92 02 59
Mail: thomas.francart@mondeca.com
Website: www.mondeca.com
Blog: Leçons de choses

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Lee Feigenbaum < lee@thefigtrees.net > wrote:

Thomas FRANCART wrote:

Hi all -

I want to construct the URI of a resource using other pieces of information from an RDF graph. Let me try to explain :

< http://www.example.com#A > < http://www.example.com#P1 > < http://www.example.com#B >
< http://www.example.com#B > < http://www.example.com#P2 > "valueB"
< http://www.example.com#B > <rdfs:label> "labelB"@en

I would like to do a CONSTRUCT query in which a resource C would have a URI built by concatenating the URI of A ( http://www.example.com#A ) and the language information of the resource B (en). The resulting URI would be " http://example.com#A_en ".
Is it possible ? could anyone point me to an example ?

If it not possible with the language information of the label of B, would it be possible to build the URI of C using the property P2 of B ? (the resulting URI would be http://www.example.com#A_valueB )

Hi Thomas,

This is not possible using standard SPARQL, though some implementations may provide extensions to allow it.

It is one proposed feature that the new SPARQL Working Group is considering:

http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Feature:CreatingIrisAndLiterals

Lee

Thanks for the help !

Mail: thomas.francart@mondeca.com <mailto: thomas.francart@mondeca.com >