Re: Sparql query help

Samuel Pedro wrote:
> Im trying to do this query...
>
> SELECT ?subject ?object
> WHERE { ?subject owl:equivalenteClass ?object FILTER( ?object = "Meat") }
>
> im trying to find the equivalente Class of meat, but it doesn't return
> what i want, what am i doing wrong?
>
> if i do this...
>
> SELECT ?subject ?object
> WHERE { ?subject owl:equivalenteClass ?object FILTER( ?object != "Meat") }
>
> i get all the equivalent class that there is in the owl. why?

Without seeing your data, it's hard to say for sure, but I think it's
pretty likely that your classes are resources (URIs) and "Meat" is just
a label for the class. If this is right, you probably want a query
similar to:

SELECT ?equivalentClass ?meatClass
WHERE {
   ?equivalentClass owl:equivalentClass ?meatClass .
   ?meatClass rdfs:label "Meat" .
}

The details will vary depending on what predicate is used to give a
label to your classes (in my example I assume that it's rdfs:label).
Also, note that the label needs to be exactly "Meat" for this to work.

hope this helps,
Lee