Re: BOF at WWW2008 : SPARQL Futures

Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For those at WWW2008, or nearby, we can get a room for a BOF ("Birds of
> a Feather") meeting on SPARQL Futures including the question of what, if
> anything, a "SPARQL2" (1.1?) might cover.
>
> Location: 201B, level2
> Time:     16:30 Wednesday (23rd)
>
>         See you there
>         Andy

:-(
  not there. any tangible outcomes to report? anywhere to place input?

We basically would have to throw in the following proposals for SPARQL2:
- propose marriage with XQuery [1] (that might be outside SPARQL itself,
since it affects both SPARQL and XQuery)
- using sparql as a view-definition language [2,3]
- a proper syntax for aggregates and vuilt-ins in the construct part
  (our proposal is documented in [2])

Axel

1. Waseem Akhtar, Jacek Kopecky, Thomas Krennwallner, and Axel Polleres.
XSPARQL: Traveling between the XML and RDF worlds - and avoiding the
XSLT pilgrimage. In Proceedings of the 5th European Semantic Web
Conference (ESWC2008), Tenerife, Spain, June 2008. Springer.

2.Axel Polleres, François Scharffe, and Roman Schindlauer. SPARQL++ for
mapping between RDF vocabularies. In OTM 2007, Part I : Proceedings of
the 6th International Conference on Ontologies, DataBases, and
Applications of Semantics (ODBASE 2007), volume 4803 of Lecture Notes in
Computer Science, pages 878-896, Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal, November
2007. Springer.

3. Simon Schenk, Steffen Staab:    Networked Graphs: A Declarative
Mechanism for SPARQL Rules, SPARQL Views and RDF Data Integration on the
Web.   2008. Bejing, China. 4.  Proceedings of the 17th International
World Wide Web Conference.

--
Dr. Axel Polleres, Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)

rdfs:Resource owl:differentFrom xsd:anyURI .