Re: SEP - SPARQL Enhancement Proposal

> On Oct 29, 2019, at 2:07 PM, Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I have always been pleasantly surprised by the high level of interoperability in SPARQL implements when compared to other technologies. Yes, there are differences but users genuinely expect interoperability because general that is their experience.
>
> Expectations are high - test suites have been very effective with the distributed working and with http://w3c.github.io/rdf-tests/ continue to evolve.

Tests are quite useful, and my practice has always been to develop tests alongside the spec, which is how JSON-LD has evolved.

To that end, it might be useful to create a new category, or test options in https://github.com/w3c/rdf-tests <https://github.com/w3c/rdf-tests> (perhaps /sparql12bis, or similar), or duplicate that test infrastructure into https://github.com/w3c/sparql-12/tests <https://github.com/w3c/sparql-12/tests>, where people could submit their proposed tests to go along with proposals. It would be useful to flesh-out the corners of different proposals. Of course, it’s better if the feature has been implemented someplace first.

Gregg