Re: enhancements to SPARQL property paths

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the links to some interesting papers.
On 8/6/19 12:21 PM, Paul.Warren wrote:
> Over the last few years there have been a number of research papers
> describing the proposed enhancement of SPARQL, in part to permit RDFS
> reasoning at run-time.  E.g.
For pure RDFS reasoning at runtime, I believe that StarDog does this one
fully with query rewriting.

>   * nSPARQL: A Navigational Languagefor RDF, Perez et al. 2010
I believe this one was considered in the SPARQL 1.1 time frame. The path
syntax is familiar, but it does not allow the nested form.

Something quite similar to the nested form was asked for in issue
https://github.com/w3c/sparql-12/issues/99

So there is still an interest in the nested form for the usability
help.

>   * Querying Knowledge Graphs with Extended Property Paths, Fionda et
>     al. 2018
I still need to read this one :)

> I would be interested to know if anyone has views about these proposals,
> e.g. their value and workability.

Looking forward to reading more replies.

Regards,
Jerven