Re: SPARQL Wishlist

Hi all,

Thx Jürgen for starting this thread. I'm continuing this wishlist
discussion started on the internal-sparql-12 list:

- +1 on the whole reification question which is very urgently needed.
RDF* and SPARQL* are certainly to be considered first.
- +1 on Jörn's proposition for datatype and language agnostic literal
matches
- formal definition of the SERVICE + VAR pattern semantics, which is
only informative in SPARQL
1.1.(https://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-sparql11-federated-query-20130321/#variableService)
- formal position about how to handle the dereferencing of a named graph
URI: should this return a few triples describing the named graph? Or
should this return the content of the named graph? I personally would
opt for the second option.
- related to the 2 previous points: enable querying dereferenceable RDF
sources, not only other SPARQL endpoints. This could be an extension of
the SERVICE clause semantics (see for instance SPARQL-LD [1]) or another
clause. The idea is to leverage, from a SPARQL query, the content simply
available on the web as dereferenceable RDF content for which no SPARQL
endpoint is available.

[1] Fafalios P., Yannakis T. & Tzitzikas Y. (2016). Querying the Web of
Data with SPARQL-LD. In Research and Advanced Technology for Digital
Libraries vol. 9819, Fuhr, N., Kovács, L., Risse, T. & Nejdl, W. (Eds.),
pp. 175–187. Cham. Springer International Publishing.

Franck.