Re: The Imperative of Addressing Behavioral Issues for the Sake of Diversity and Inclusiveness

On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 10:02 AM Benjamin Goering <ben@bengo.co> wrote:

> > [JZ] We also need to figure out an open source community server we can
> collaborate on.
>
> [BG] Would you reconsider this opinion?

In the long run, yes there need to be many implementations and we should
not aim for one true server to rule them all.

In the short run, the Solid Team wants to manage solidcommunity.net in a
way that users can have working pods and  developers have a spec-compliant
server to test against and there is an admin team keeping the server
running, updated, and secure.   We barely have the resources to accomplish
that much and the additional task of keeping an unmaintained server
code-base (NSS) is a significant hindrance.  After months of work by our
dedicated admins, we have a game plan for migrating from NSS to CSS and
Inrupt has offered a contract to carry out the migration. It is in that
context that Emelia brought up the question of whether CSS in its current
state is the right thing to migrate to or whether a fork should be started
or some other option considered.  These are matters people on this mailing
list might have an opinion about.