Re: questionaire... motivation letter still missing...

st 11. 10. 2023 v 0:03 odesílatel Matthias Evering <me@evering.eu> napsal:

> {([triple-cross-posting this in the discussion-thread, in the chat, and
> in
> the public mailing list])}
>
> I will do everything in the openness.
> https://hackmd.io/pp76npqPSpKtyUb_pXkrCA?view
>
> please allow the weekend to complete the motivation letter.
> if anyone cares to read...
> I try to be integrative, but there seem to be wounds that heal slowly (if
> at all).
> please return to the table everyone.
>
> my "more-than-two-cents"

Hi Matthias

I just wanted to float the possibility of a "buddy system" for chairing the
group, if you eventually decide to volunteer.

I completely understand if you feel that trying it would be overwhelming,
but I think a lot of us would love to support you if you wanted to try.

One possibility is that Michiel (who is also kindly volunteering) could be
a buddy and mentor to you.  If Michiel was willing.  He has also created
successful open source movements, and mentored many people along the way.
If im not mistaken Michiel speaks german too.

I can also offer myself as a resource if you have any technical questions.
I would be happy to answer them.  I believe my technical knowledge of solid
is at least as good as anyone's in the group.  Though my german is rusty :)

I personally think you and michiel would make great chairs because it would
move the needle back towards grass roots work in Solid.

I completely understand if it's too much.  But wanted you to know that as a
community we would support you if you want to try.

MfG
Melvin