Re: volunteering in spite of knowledge gaps

Ășt 10. 10. 2023 v 6:08 odesĂ­latel Matthias Evering <me@evering.eu> napsal:

> @timea @noel @jeff @timbl @melvin @michiel @all
>
> {([posting this on the list and in the chat])}
> I just wanna have some opinions.
> technical (spec-writing and appdev'ing) I am not really up-to-date.
>
> I am considering (***nevertheless***) to volunteer for chair.
> I don't think I wanna stay a lurker, just try to take some responsibility.
> my experience:
> - I have set up solidweb.org and solidweb.me
> - have basic understanding of html
> - I am considering starting a business at meisdata.io (offering pods
> strictly B2C)
> - unfortunately my knowledge has deep gaps on restful apis and on linked
> data
> - a triple has URI URI literal for example
> - our namespace is `solid:`
> ----
> I was living in the illusion (no i am really hoping) to complement each
> other and to be diverse and open-minded.
>
> what do people think ?

Thank you very much for volunteering.  BIG +1 from me.

The key skill of a chair is not knowledge, its ability to listen and carry
out the consensus of the group.  Although I think your hands-on knowledge
is excellent, because you run servers and use the system.

I've always known you to put the needs of the community first, and
selflessly help the grass roots.  You will also learn alot.

The other thing is that I think the project would really benefit from fresh
chairs and fresh ideas to reboot the grass roots element.

I think you would be an amazing chair.