Re: Will RDF 1.2 be part of Solid 1.x?

ne 21. 5. 2023 v 20:48 odesílatel ben@bengo.co <ben@bengo.co> napsal:

> Which book do you refer to, Melvin? I wanna chick it out and read about
> “enquirer”. Thanks for making that connection.

tl;dr Tim made a system called "enquire" (no r) before he made the web.  He
had been thinking about the same class of problems for a long time

Enquire was inspired to a degree to an old book from victorian times called
"Enquire within about everything".  It was a book on etiquette.

You ask a question.  It gives an answer.

Tim wanted to make a digital version of that.  You could think of it as a
chatGPT but 40 years ago.  For me the remarkable thing about it was, that
he thought it would work.  It gives an insight into the ambition of the
ideas that Tim had, even before the web.  Unfortunately at the time it
didnt have the training to give good answers.

Using large language models, and common crawl (again taken from the web),
chat models are now starting to get very good.

So we loop a whole circle round back to "Enquire", and us normies get to
see some of the ideas that Tim has had all the while.

IMHO gives a new perspective on solid, and its various potentials.