Re: Event Invitation: Solid Test Suite

On 2023-07-17 10:22, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Hi Sarven
>
> I got ~5 emails today about the test suite meeting. It seems that only a
> few individuals in the group are genuinely interested, as the emails
> lack specific information about the meeting's agenda and contain generic
> text. Consequently, it feels somewhat spammy, to the point where most
> people might have stopped reading them.
>
> I was wondering if it would be possible to reduce the frequency of
> emails regarding the same meeting. Additionally, if you could provide a
> brief description of the meeting's purpose, it would help those who are
> genuinely interested in participating.

Hi Melvin!

Let me for apologise for the multiple emails! And thank you for raising
this.

I've also received 3 emails from the W3C calendar event notification
system (
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-solid/2023Jul/thread.html ).
I agree that it is noisy and hope to keep it at minimal as usual. That
is, only send out notifications when event timing is changed or other
key details about the event is updated, e.g., with URLs to agenda
proposal and live minutes as in CG weekly call.

What happened earlier was the following:

I was aiming to change the event's "repeat until" date but made an
error. I had to correct it and resend notifications about the change so
that folks are aware.

Normally there is only one email being sent out when there is an update
to the event details such as the agenda, e.g.:

* https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-solid/2023Jul/0013.html
(Test Suite)
* https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-solid/2023Jul/0008.html
(CG weekly)

It is possible to update the event without sending a notification too
and that's sufficient for anyone subscribing to the recurring events
from their own calendars.

Again, please pardon me for the inconvenience this has caused you and
others. General improvements are always welcome, and if you have some
cycles, I'd love to hear your suggestions. Here is one place to follow
up on this:
https://github.com/solid/specification/pull/489#discussion_r1044255107

Hope to see you in one of the upcoming meetings!

-Sarven
https://csarven.ca/#i