Re: W3C Solid Community Group

> I’ve added a point at the start of the meeting to talk about our
preferred methodology to work through the issues and pull request together.

Thank you.

To seed that discussion a bit (and based on past Social WG experience), I'd
like to see a bit more action orientation. Particularly, I think the agenda
could:

   - Have more specific proposals that, if they are clearly good, we just
   vote on and move on with. For example, the first issue on the agenda page
   is this one by Kjetil
   <https://github.com/solid/web-access-control-spec/pull/37>. It's a PR.
   It's mergeable. It's been available for a week to comment on, and no one
   has. Can the agenda item just be "PROPOSAL: Merge PR
   web-access-control-spec#37? If there are concerns, they should come up
   (ideally on GitHub or this list ahead of time), but if not, we should only
   be spending the time to vote on it or a call for consensus right off the
   bat.
   - Where the agenda item is not actionable, i.e. just discussing a
   complicated issue, include a time limit (e.g. 10 minutes) and enforce it.
   Get the discussion going, but then encourage people to take it to the list
   or GitHub so it can be resolved there or at least turn into an actionable
   proposal or more focused time-bounded discussion for the next meeting.
   - If no one cares about a GitHub issue enough to turn it into a Proposal
   or time-bounded Discussion item, the call doesn't need to talk about it
   just because it's there. There is a burden of whoever file the issue to
   frame it in a way that is clear and actionable, or to put a discussion on
   the agenda of the people making time for the call (and represent that
   agenda item).

I think the book "On Conflict and Consensus: a handbook on Formal Consensus
decisionmaking
<http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/c-t-butler-and-amy-rothstein-on-conflict-and-consensus-a-handbook-on-formal-consensus-decisionm>"
is a good inspiration for focused collaboration in a volunteer group.
Here is a standard agenda
<http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/c-t-butler-and-amy-rothstein-on-conflict-and-consensus-a-handbook-on-formal-consensus-decisionm#toc63>
from that book, and in the context of a larger section others may enjoy as
I did.

There is also generally a framework in there of:
1) Time bounded discussion.
2) Identify Concerns
3) Resolve Concerns
4) Call for (formal) consensus. If there is a block, goto #2, potentially
after some offline formulation of that concern and attempts between the
proposer and the concerned person to reach a middle ground on their own
without the group (it's almost always easier without an audience to perform
for).

(True consensus isn't necessarily what I'm advocating for, but the clarity
of process and guardrails to avoid long drawn-out discussions is a good one
to be inspired by)

> The issues and pull requests are listed in a random order in the agenda
and we can go from the top so to prepare best start at the top of the list.

The agenda here? All the issues are grouped by author
<https://www.w3.org/community/solid/wiki/Meetings#20190404_1400CET>. What
do you mean by 'random order'?