Re: Looking for a volunteer, to chair of the solid community group

Hi Sandro - i saw that work, haven't had time to do much more than simply
note - i've seen that it exists.

I'm still thinking of alternatives for the chair role, and i think more
work needs to be put in on the underlying scaffolding as to attract the
best leader for the job.  I am hopeful Jim Hendler might have some ideas
for various reasons; having written about my thoughts here:
https://au.webcivics.net/2018/10/31/w3-solid-community-looking-for-global-standards-leadership/

Therein; now therefore, 5 considerations,

1. Ensure more people are aware of solid group
2. Work on defining community management frameworks that support the needs
of a 'wouldn't it be awesome' chair.
3. Work on building better tools (based on solid) to ensure the knowledge
management needs of group works are made more easily managed.
4. There is not a clearly available series of resources that provide those
new to solid a full comprehension of the ecosystem constituents.  solving
(3) should address this emerging issue.
5.  This means the scope of these w3 CG works should support meaningful
(and focused) engagement on the resolution of emerging issues.

Manu Sporny has demonstrated a framework for managing CG works in a way
that gets things done.  These frameworks include weekly teleconferences
amongst other things.  I note also, as the teleconferences have been at 2AM
AEST time - that's not been great for me (aussie) nor is it helpful for
others in this part of the world, but its part of broader issues that i
believe solid is going to be instrumental to addressing.  Yet, there is a
long-standing debate that has gone on between the worlds of JSONLD and N3;
as such, whilst i am very hopeful for the ecosystem of participants led by
Manu to be instrumentally involved, it doesn't make sense to me that he be
chair.

IMHO - We really need a 'peak leader' that's able to contend with the
issues outlined in my document.  Perhaps in the mean-time we need an
interim chair, and one of the aims of that interim solid cg group chair, is
to facilitate the needs of a longer-term illustrious leader; for the
betterment of the our means to deliver outcomes as a group, that will have
an array of external influencers.

note: https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List  nothing done here will
result in any form of w3c standard without the express support of those on
that membership list; and certainly, the implications of what should be
considered 'WIP' cannot and will not exclusively be done in W3.   (imho).

I do hope, w3c becomes an important constituent to these works on an
on-going basis.  I think its quite important that be brought about.

Timo.