Re: WebSub query

Hello Nigel,
Thank you for the feedback.

The working group had been avoiding any real time use cases for the most
part. My primary concern would be that it breaks all existing
implementations. The spec is more focused on reduction of polling to a web
site for example to get breaking news articles out to readers immediately
without reader software constantly polling the site.

I can certainly see the value in some sort of real time spec like that, but
I wonder if there is another existing spec more suited to it.  If not, this
would be something I would love to see incubated in the new community group.
https://www.w3.org/community/swicg/

As to the publishing section, it could probably use some clarification
there.  Would something like this make it clearer? (I'm not an editor of
the spec, but would be happy to take a stab at it here).
"The hub and the publisher can agree on any mechanism to send or notify the
hub of updated content, as long as the hub is eventually able send the
updated payload to the subscribers as defined in Content Distribution" (
https://www.w3.org/TR/websub/#content-distribution )

Does this make things clearer?

Thank you again for the feedback,

Ben