Re: objections to webmention

Those are all serializations of data though. The WG already has as2 for
that.  The data fetched from the page could be in any of those formats.
Webmention is a different layer.  The nicest part of webmention is that it
is totally agnostic to what serialization you want to use.  Loading data in
to the webmention is pretty clearly out of the use case for the spec.
Sure, you COULD. But it's just as silly as saying you could load all data
in to headers in HTTP.  And then arguing that HTTP needs to specify how to
translate that genetically to as2.