Re: Clarify objections to JSON [was Re: Getting the group back on track]

The distinction between note and article is partly length, and partly
structure. Empirically, notes tend to come from a plaintext UI and get
decorated by convention (autolinking etc; ) whereas Articles are more
likely to come from a rich editor and have title, summary, subheads, rich
link text and markup and so on.

https://www.w3.org/wiki/Post-type-discovery explicitly looks for more
structure, falling back on a note if it isn't found.