Re: internationalization issues

-1. The initial version of the AS 2.0 draft that we brought to this WG
had tried this and it was quickly (and rightfully) pointed out that
such aliasing could very quickly interfere with other extension
JSON-LD contexts that may be used, and that simply using the
non-aliased @id and @type forms would be ideal for consistent
interoperability. At that time the concern over the impact to
developers was brought up as well. There has been zero new information
brought to this discussion now and I see absolutely no reason to
revisit the prior WG decision.

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 10:46 AM, elf Pavlik
<perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:
[snip]

> for @id and @type AS2.0 JSON-LD context could alias them:
> * "uid": "@id"
> * "type": "@type"
>
> removing @ 'pains' and taking it also bit closer to Microformats naming
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Activity_Streams/Microformats_Mapping
>
> it does have some consequences when you mix different contexts, but IMO
> we could still live with them:
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-linked-json/2015Sep/0000.html

[snip]