Re: Moving Activity Vocabulary to IG, minimize AS2.0 Core? [was Re: Clarify objections to JSON [was Re: Getting the group back on track]]

Harry Halpin writes:

> On 10/19/2015 05:12 PM, James M Snell wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Ben <ben@thatmustbe.me> wrote:
>>> I agree Harry,
>>>
>>> JSON sounds great, AS2 is not just JSON, its a bunch of stuff piled on there.
>>> Its messy, Its overly complex, and it forgot the KISS principle.
>
> I think the simplest idea might be to drastically simplify AS2.0 even
> more so that it fits the KISS principle, and put the Activity Vocabulary
> into an IG note. That was the original plan in the charter. The
> reasoning is that discussions about metadata, despite being interesting,
> can last forever and will likely change.
>
> Would there be any objections to this?

I think the AS vocabulary is pretty nicely paired down now, and is
mostly in line with the kind of common activities you see on Facebook,
YouTube, and other major social media sites.  Is there that much more to
do?  I think a few properties may be able to be removed, and then we can
just leave it alone until we hit candidate recommendation, or discuss it
off-call between James and the various implementers.

The real goal at this point should be, what do we have to do to get AS2
to CR?  Let's focus on that.

(After all, as has been repeated many times, it's not that these things
can't be tweaked after CR.)