Re: Moving Activity Vocabulary to IG, minimize AS2.0 Core? [was Re: Clarify objections to JSON [was Re: Getting the group back on track]]

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:

> On 10/19/2015 05:12 PM, James M Snell wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Ben <ben@thatmustbe.me> wrote:
>>> I agree Harry,
>>>
>>> JSON sounds great, AS2 is not just JSON, its a bunch of stuff piled on there.
>>> Its messy, Its overly complex, and it forgot the KISS principle.
>
> I think the simplest idea might be to drastically simplify AS2.0 even
> more so that it fits the KISS principle, and put the Activity Vocabulary
> into an IG note. That was the original plan in the charter. The
> reasoning is that discussions about metadata, despite being interesting,
> can last forever and will likely change.
>
> Would there be any objections to this?

Yes, there would be. I'm still waiting on an answer to what makes it
"overly complex" and "messy".

The two existing documents have been largely stable with minimal
changes for months now. The two documents have been iterated on for
over a year. Let's not waste time by revisiting conversations that
were settled a year ago. If there are specific recommendations for
things to be removed from either doc, folks should make the case for
those specific edits as opposed to making less than helpful vague
blanket statements.

- James