Re: Boeing resignations (hopefully temporary for me)

On 1 October 2015 at 17:39, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 1 October 2015 at 15:02, Krebs, Edward (E.C.) <ekrebs@ford.com> wrote:
>
>> There are some good architecture starting points. The social Headlights
>> task Force started on this path. I suggested one view based on that initial
>> work in the *Workshop on Social Standards* in August 2013.
>> http://www.w3.org/2013/socialweb/papers/An%20Enterprise%20Social%20Network%20Reference%20Architecture.pdf
>>

>> IBM presented one in 2014:
>> http://www.slideshare.net/heathwulf/social-architecture-1-h2014
>>

> Thanks Edward, these are great slides.
>
> What really struck me was the call for a:
>
> - People Centric
> - Relationship Driven
>
> architecture.  I think the work we've started out on has a gap here.
> While there's a lot of work done to cater for micro blogging enthusiasts
> the enterprise has been less well served, imho.
>
> I think these presentations could be a great basis to create an
> architecture document, which is missing, not just in this group, but in the
> social web in general.  In creating a people centric, relationship driven
> architecture we can talk about people and relationships.  How this can be
> achieved technically, as part of a social graph.  The declarative nature
> using the law of least power.  Having open ended extensibility to cater for
> enterprise use cases as well as common social networking features.
>
> Essentially creating the awww [1] of the social web.  An essential
> document for anyone creating a system in the social web, either in an
> enterprise or public setting, that will cover all the base work needed to
> get started with real world use cases.  It's something that's been missing
> for 10 years, and imho, one reason that has lead to balkanization.
>
> This is an IG deliverable.  Would anyone in the IG wish to help with
> this?
>
> Where could we get started -- perhaps a wiki page, then migrate to a
> github repo?

elf has suggested building on :

http://w3c-social.github.io/social-arch/

Which I think is a great idea.  I've chatted to Amy too, who hopefully may
have some cycles free to collaborate.

Input here or on in the github issues very welcome! :)