Re: a common understanding of profiles

On 26 June 2015 at 22:49, Evan Prodromou <evan@e14n.com> wrote:

> On 2015-06-26 03:44 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>> OK, well im saying that Im confused at how to design and implement SWAT0,
>> following, the use cases and social API without a common understanding of
>> profiles.  Perhaps this might become apparent in time, but it's not now.
>>
>>  I can imagine! But since we haven't specified a Social API yet, and
> since we're still working on it, maybe it doesn't make sense for you to
> expect an answer on this question.
>
> If the question is, "Will profile access be part of the social API?" I'd
> say a definite yes.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Just saying that one reason this might be the case, is because in order to
create running code, a common understanding of profiles is needed.

For example, if my system gets an actor from an activity streams object.
For it to be immediately useful the system needs to be able to know what to
do with it.  So IMHO this is a blocker.

Unfortunately this thread seem to now be off topic, so I think we may have
missed an opportunity.