Re: User Story : Following a person

On 16 June 2015 at 11:31, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
wrote:

> Hi Melvin,
>
> On 06/14/2015 12:17 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > In trying to implement SWAT0 there seemed to be a dependency on
> following a
> > person.  I found that's a user story on it's own so I think it's a good
> > starting point for implementation:
> >

> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories#Following_a_person
> Awesome!
>

> > I have a couple of questions on the first description of part 2 in :
> >

> https://github.com/w3c-social/activitypump/blob/master/userstories/following-a-person.md
> >

> > 1. Is this currently implemented anywhere that can be tested, or at the
> > moment a design?
> >

> > 2. Re:
> >
> > He ends up at the following URL, her internal *profile*:
> >
> > https://acmegamecorp.example/people/beth_m_bost/
> >
> > And:
> >
> >   "object": {
> >     "@type": "Person",
> >     "@id": "https://acmegamecorp.example/people/beth_m_bost/"
> >   },
> >

> > Should that then say @type Profile?  The profile being an HTTP page that
> > contains information about Beth.  This would be more in line with the way
> > we implement things in SoLiD.
>
> did you see:
> *
>
> http://jasnell.github.io/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/activitystreams2-vocabulary.html#dfn-profile
> *
>
> http://jasnell.github.io/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/activitystreams2-vocabulary.html#dfn-describes
>
> discussion:
> https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues/112

Thanks elf, but my question was more related to the formulation of the user
story.

I'd rather not discuss your particular profile (I think we have in the
past), it's a very complicated edge case using 303 redirects, and I have no
idea how to deal with it.  I dont think anyone else has successfully tried
what you want to do.  Please do feel you can experiment, I dont think it
should be the subject of standardization.

I am interested however in the general case, and the answer to this user
story.  I discussed with cwebber on irc and I think he's looking into it,
though quite sleep deprived at the moment.  I hope we can get the bottom of
following because the 3 systems do it in slightly different ways.  So if we
can find the common ground, hopefully that can bring us a step closer to
convergence.