Re: normative references for microformats 2

On 07/28/2015 09:06 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 28 July 2015 at 13:28, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com
> <mailto:melvincarvalho@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     There has been some talk about using microformats as an input to
>     some of the work in this group (AS2 examples, social API, possible
>     W3C Notes)
>
>     I have not been able to find a stable normative reference for the
>     vocab that is machine readable in say the same way as:
>
>     http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml/vocab
>
>     I think what would make it more attractive would be to have it eg
>
>     - Under W3C namespace
>     - Perhaps at https://w3id.org/
>
>     It would be great to have some idea of a timeline on this too, as
>     I think it may impact deliverables.
>

> To clarify.  I dont believe it's possible to complete the deliverables
> mentioned above without clarification and timeline on this issue.  As
> we are now significantly closer to the deadlines for the deliverables,
> perhaps it is a good opportunity reopen the issue and vote on which
> vocabs will be used.  AS2 is looking in good shape, let's go with that.

See previous email. Henry Story brought up the same issue and it was
dealt with by Wendy Seltzer so there is no process issue here and no
problem with a normative dependency on the issue.

The general feeling is that the Social WG would make standards that
would deal with multiple vocabularies.

If we need to chose, obviously microformats2 is larger in terms of
deployment. The AS2 vocabulary looks good but has little deployment.

The best way to deal with this is probably just to align AS2 to MF2 for
the terms where there is overlap, since there is less damage caused by
changing AS2 than by changing MF2. That would be a good topic of
discussion and a very concrete action item that would accelerate
convergence.

   cheers,
        harry