Re: standardizing webmention

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> My question then becomes, beyond the webmention exchange itself, which
>> vocabularies would we need to support in order to be in line with existing
>> social syntax? I think the discussion over JSON at the exchange mechanism
>> level is a red herring, because supporting it is so trivial.
>>

> I think that has yet to be defined by there is gathering consensus around
> activity streams 2.0

Cool. As a developer founder with a startup based on these technologies, my
only pragmatic path is to stick with the version that is actively being
used, because that's where the demand is. But once there's code up and
running that Known can interact with, I'll happily support it.

> In fact, that's the single most important thing about it: supporting it is
>> trivial. There's very little overhead at all.
>>

> Great news.  However what's 'trivial' for one developer may be a challenge
> for others, at least in the time frame of this WG.

Sure. I guess my point is, there's very little that's easier than "here's a
post request with two variables". You can even imagine iterating on the
spec (as a second phase) to add signing so there's a concept of identity or
access control. What happens after that is, of course, up for grabs.