Re: W3C Social IG agenda now available; inviting WG objectors

On 8 July 2015 at 12:18, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
wrote:

> [...]
> >>
> >> ·         *User posts a file: *Andreas Kuckartz, Kevin Marks,
> >>
> >> ·         *Groups:*  Aaron Parecki, Kevin Marks, Bret Comnes, Tantek
> >>
> >> ·         *Reshare Ridesharing Demand:* <many objections, stating this
> >> user story is a duplicate of "2.12 Responses"
> >>
> >> ·         *Profile Management*:  Tantek
> >>

> > Re profile managment there's
> >
> > 13 +1s
> >
> > Only negative comment (+0) was from tantek (who I think does not want to
> > use the mailing list)
> >
> > Can I note that we demoed a live implementation of this at the F2F using
> > SoLiD.  Furthermore, the platform was expressive enough that we could add
> > 'hometown' without any new code introduced to the system.
> >
> > The object from tantek is along the lines of "twitter doesnt have home
> > town, so we should not".  I dont think this is an ideal philosophy.
> Social
> > web silos are empowered by the developers.  A real social web should
> > empower users.  The essence of this use case is very important, in that
> > users are able to express the aspects of themselves that THEY choose, not
> > that the developers choose.
>
> Hello,
>
> I have impression that objection to editing personal profile might also
> relate to the use of micropub as currently deployed and assigning same
> URI for identity (home page) and feed with status updates (aka. notes).
>
> To my understanding IndieWeb home page includes both h-card and h-feed
> (often h-feed 'nested' in h-card, which parsed to JSON uses *children*
> property - BTW itself not a part of microformats vocabulary...). App
> used for editing it, needs to know which properties (predicates) have
> h-card as subject and which h-feed as subject. I don't really know if
> everyone nests h-feed in h-card or some people have them both as 'top
> level'.
> http://microformats.org/wiki/triples
>
> Looking at latest micropub spec, which seems to use PATCH like updates,
> I think editing personal profile could work in rather straight forward way.
> * http://indiewebcamp.com/micropub#Update
>
> Instead of speculating myself any further, I would really like to see
> some constructive conversation in relevant gh-issue
> * https://github.com/w3c-social/social-ucr/issues/1
>
> I also notice Tantek's last comment on Apr 7th mentions discussion from
> Mar 31st, while Aaron added more details about update mechanism to the
> spec just few days earlier on Mar 26h. Before that, Update seems to only
> explain *Adding a Syndication URL* and *Adding Tags* (Updating_Objects
> section)
> *
>
> http://indiewebcamp.com/wiki/index.php?title=Micropub&action=historysubmit&diff=18266&oldid=18265
>
> Since I remember Tantek's surprise during F2F3 about recently introduced
> mp-* properties, I think it could make sense to always check directly
> with Aaron about latest capabilities of micropub API...

Thanks for providing this background.

This user story based on the fact that it has 13 +1s and 1 +0.  I dont
think there's a strong reason to change it.

The original user story demonstrates an important feature of the social
web, namely extensibility, and users controlling their own profile data.

As I mentioned, we've implemented this and demoed it live using SoLiD.