Re: on API Requirements

On 01/29/2015 02:21 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> On 01/28/2015 06:13 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
>>
>>> - Can you justify most of the out-of-scope stuff?   Without streaming
>>> or push, I don't see how this system could catch on.
>> I think that server-to-server stuff is going to be more pertinent when
>> we discuss the federation protocol.
>
> Clients need streaming/push, too, don't they?
+1

in my experiments a while ago i used HTTP + JSON based pub/sub protocol
Bayeux: http://svn.cometd.org/trunk/bayeux/bayeux.html

using one of its implementations: http://faye.jcoglan.com/

mentioned decentralized prototype with real time geolocation map layers:
https://github.com/dspace-ng/dspace-app-action-slim