Re: FYI: Interval Vocabulary

hello james.

On 2015-01-15 20:32, James M Snell wrote:
> One could, in theory replace start and end time with this but that's not
> my intention here. Those are preexisting carryovers from AS1 and there's
> really no reason to change those that I can see. Perhaps if someone
> demonstrated some practical value in doing so...

i was just curious, because at least ideally, the same concepts when
used in different AS vocabularies should be expressed in consistent
ways, rights?

the main reason from our point of view is that eventually, we would
still like to come up with "ASQL", the "Activity Stream Query Language",
that would allow AS users to work with any kind of AS data in a concise
and consistent fashion. to me it seems that this is much easier if
there's a common way of expressing (and reusing, when possible) concepts
across AS vocabularies, so that any data can be processed according to
its AS semantics.

and if you're saying now that this is *not* what you were asking for, "a
demonstrated practical value", you're certainly right. it's simply
something we have noticed while using AS, that using it declaratively
would be much better than just treating it as random JSON, and shared
concepts would help a great deal.

thanks for the feedback and cheers,

dret.