Re: Applied invited experts

On 2015-12-13 18:57, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> On 12/12/2015 10:46 AM, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
>> Jason Robinson writes:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> We have four people in the "Applied for Membership" section in the
>>> wiki
>>> (https://www.w3.org/Social/WG#Applied_for_Membership).
>>>
>>>   From my part, I would really encourage inviting especially Michael
>>> Vogel of Friendica and Frank Karlitschek of ownCloud. Is there a
>>> process
>>> that the WG follows regarding timetable to process applicants?
>> Seconded.
>
> I just looked at the four entries.  One (Rene) was accepted some time
> ago; I removed that entry.  One (Tibor) is confusing; it's more than a
> year old, and I can't find a record of what happened with it.
> Hopefully one of the chairs can.   The other two (Frank and Michael)
> do not appear to have filed applications.  I've added a note to this
> effect and asked that submission dates be put there so it's easier to
> cross-check in the future.    (The application software is ancient and
> annoying, but I haven't seen it drop anything yet.)

Note that Thoughtworks, who have coded software modules [1] that
implement ActivityStreams 2.0, integrated OAuth  and Javascript Web
Signatures with AS2.0, and their own homegrown REST Social API (as the
Working Group has not yet provided one) are also happy to participate
and have been waiting over a month. Could you email John Cowie from
Thoughtworks and ask him who from Thoughtworks should be part of the WG?

    cheers,
         harry

[1] https://github.com/d-cent/mooncake

--